This course is designed to develop the minimum skills and knowledge for diving a TDI approved rebreather in cavern and overhead environments within the limits of light penetration; in addition, outline specific hazards associated with rebreather cave diving. The Rebreather Cavern course is not intended to provide instruction for diving in cave environments. The objective of this course is to train divers in the proper planning, procedures, techniques and hazards of rebreather cavern diving.
1. The minimum number of classroom and briefing hours is 6
2. Course must be conducted over a minimum of 2 days
1. Minimum of 5 dives must be conducted including
a. 1 open water session
b. Four cavern dives with a minimum total bottom time of 120
minutes conducted at 2 different sites
2. Visibility must be adequate to identify the exit from inside the cavern
1. Minimum age 18
2. Provide proof of TDI Air Diluent CCR diver or equivalent
3. Provide proof of a minimum of 25 logged dives and 25 hours on the
The following equipment is required for this course:
1. TDI Cavern Diver Manual or eLearning
2. TDI Cavern Diver Instructor Guide
3. TDI Cavern Diver Instructor Resource (Optional)
4. TDI Diving Rebreathers Student Manual or eLearning
5. TDI Diving Rebreathers PowerPoint Presentation (optional)
6. Rebreather Manufacturer’s manual and updates
7. Manufacturer’s Build Checklist
8. TDI CCR Preflight Checklist
Note: The instructor and any certified assistant will also carry a bailout gas supply during all open water sessions. This redundant gas source must be greater than the instructor and any certified assistant’s bailout requirements.
Total Cost: Call For Pricing
Rental of a rebreather is available upon request.