This course examines the use of EAN-21 through 100 percent oxygen for optimal mixes to a depth of 40 metres / 130 feet. The objective of this course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for utilizing EAN-21 through 100 percent oxygen for dives not requiring staged decompression. TDI Decompression Procedures or the Intro to Tech may be combined with this course at the discretion of the instructor.
Class Duration: The minimum number of classroom and briefing hours is 6
*A 3-way combination of TDI Intro to Tech or TDI Sidemount, Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures is permitted with a minimum of 8 dives required. The prerequisites for advanced nitrox and decompression procedures diver must be met for this combination before starting the program.
Confined Water Execution:
1. Minimum of 60 minutes confined water training to a maximum of 9 metres
/ 30 feet
Open Water Execution
1. Four dives are required with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 minutes
2. If advanced nitrox is taught in conjunction with decompression procedures*, only a total of 6 dives are required, more may be conducted at the discretion of the instructor, with a maximum depth of 45 metres / 150 feet
3. If Advanced Nitrox is taught in conjunction with Intro to Tech or TDI Sidemount*, only a total of four (4) dives are required, more may be conducted at the discretion of the instructor, but all dives must be conducted at depths within the diver’s current level of certification and no dives should exceed 23 metres / 75 feet 4. Only 2 dives from advanced wreck course may be credited towards the total dives required.
1. Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
2. Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver, or equivalent
3. Show proof of 25 logged open water dives
4. If this course is taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression
Procedures course, the minimum age is 18
Required Equipment: The following equipment is required for each student
- Alternative second stage octopus attached to a primary regulator or a redundant scuba unit; The standard is a 40cu ft. tank
- A submersible pressure gauge
- Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer and/or dive computer
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD) with power inflator
- Line cutting device
- Exposure suit adequate for the open water environment
- Cylinder and regulator properly labeled and cleaned as required for EAN mixtures
- Access to an oxygen analyzer, may be supplied by the instructor
Total Cost: $650 (Includes E-learring and certification card upon course completion; Does not including required gear)
Rental of a rebreather is available upon request.